Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011 is going to be the year...

2010 is winding to a close and it was a hell of a year. I did 3 marathons, 2 Ironman, a half Ironman, the Urbanathlon in Chicago, the Army 10-miler, a few Olympic distance triathlons, 2 sprints, and started the year with the JFK 20k. It was an awesome year. :) But I feel I didn't live up to my full potential. My diet and nutrition were all out of whack and I think my training suffered from it.

So the goal for 2011 get my diet and nutrition on track. A big piece of that is to cut out the beer, wine, margaritas and all other delicious beverages that are best consumed with reckless disregard for moderation. The question this raises is... How does one be social without drinking? I'm sure it can be done. It may be my greatest challenge, but if I can get the support of my friends... And break out of my shell it should be a good year.

If I can keep on track, slim down I hope by November I will be ready for an awesome race at Ironman Arizona. And who knows... I may be racing Kona in October (depending on the lottery drawing in April), so I need to be ready so I don't make a fool of myself.

2011 is going to be the year that I am the person I want to be; not just settle for hangin out, having fun, and suffering through some of the longer races.

Hope y'all support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment