Saturday, February 12, 2011

What charity should I raise money for???



The off season training is winding down, and I'm back at it and my race calendar is filling up...

Last year I ran for a cause. The cause was the Wounded Warrior Project, and the race I did was the Marine Corps Marathon. With the help of my friends and family we raised $2145 for soldiers injured while serving this awesome country.

That was the second race I did that I raised money for charity. But it was the first that I did that didn't require me to. I decided a few months before the Marine Corps Marathon that I would dedicate one race a year to raising money for charity.

This year the event I picked to do for charity is my 12.5 mile swim around Key West. It takes place June 4th. http://www.swimaroundkeywest.com/

Now that I have the event picked, I need to identify a charity to raise money for. Since I am calling on all my friends and family to support this charity, I am reaching out to you to help identify a cause for me to race for. You can comment on the blog, reach out to me on facebook, or send me an email, or call me. I will start a list and will race for the charity that most people suggest. I will then keep the list and identify future events to do for the charity you mention.

I love doing events, and hope to be doing them for the next 30-40 years. So send me your suggestions.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt,
    Great idea. You may want to consider Team Fox. (www.teamfox.org). They do Parkinson's research and are starting some similar sport/fundraising stuff like other organizations.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete