Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm scarred for life...


Or at least branded. With two Ironman races under my belt; I decided to go ahead and get the Ironman logo on my left calf surrounded by waves, a chainring, and a stretch of road to symbolize triathlon.

The tattoo was a few months in the making. I went in for my consultation in September, scheduled my appointment for October; that got canceled and rescheduled for two weeks later. Last Tuesday I went for my appointment and the concept designed by my tattoo artist was not what I had imagined. So... The appointment was rescheduled again; but we did spend some time talking about what I really wanted. So I went back on Saturday for a four hour session and walked out branded for life. Going into the session my tattoo artist had told me swimming had to be put on hold for a two weeks... THEN two hours into the tattoo he said "oh, and um... running and biking should probably be put on hold for a couple weeks too."

I said "ok" but in my head I was screaming WHAT!!! I took two weeks off after the Marine Corps Marathon, and now I have to wait another two weeks. UGH! But I'm going to wait it out, with a few light runs here and there and a couple real easy bike rides.

The good news is... My big race is 365 days a way, so I have time to train and get ready after this latest break in training. That big race IRONMAN ARIZONA! WOOT WOOT!. MERRY CHRISTMAS to me. I'm super excited for training for this race. I'll be done with school by then and I will be able to focus on the training.

In the meantime while I wait to kick off this training, I am finishing up my second to last semester, and finalizing my training plan for next year.

I just wanted to give an update since getting back in the saddle got put on hold a bit.

Till next time... Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment