Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boredom can be a dangerous thing...

So... It's a Tuesday night and instead of doing homework I started thinking of the coming year. A few hours ago I was only signed up for the Chicago Triathlon, an Olympic distance race, the end of August; and the Ironman Arizona. As it turns out I'm not good with an idle mind. I started thinking...

What to do... What to do???

I was kind of toying around with signing up for the Escape from Alcatraz Tri in June. Or at least signing up for the lottery which opens December 1st. But... I'm already signed up for 1 lottery, and figure one is enough for this year. So... If I get chosen in that lottery I'll be going to Kona for Ironman in October. If I don't go... Then Ironman AZ will be my only Ironman next year.

Since I decided: Maybe I should swim around Key West. And low and behold there's a race. Well, I actually heard about it a few months back, and it's been in the back of my head since I did.

Bored, not wanting to do homework has lead me to sign up for a 12.5 mile swim. Ummm.... Yeah!!! This was only two glasses of wine into the evening, so I have no excuse. Maybe I can blame the not swimming for a month, I took two weeks off from training after the race; then the tattoo took me out of the water for another two weeks. So. this Sunday I'll be jumping back in the pool.

So along with a few Olympic distance tris, and a half marathon in the spring, the culminating point of my spring season will be this TWELVE and a half mile swim around Key West.

I just hope I can find someone to Kayak for me. Oh, and that I don't get eaten by a shark!! :|

No comments:

Post a Comment