Monday, November 15, 2010

Time to get back in the saddle...

I have not been on my bike since the Giant Acorn Sprint triathlon the first weekend in October. Where I placed first in my division. What a great way to finish the season. The rest of October I concentrated on running and prepping for the Marine Corps Marathon, which I'm very happy with my improvement, and these past two weeks I took a much needed two week break from all training. Though the break was much needed, it will also be a tad difficult to get back into my training. But I think I'm in a good position to have a very successful training season.

I say I should be successful, because I've designed my training plan for the next 53 weeks. UGH!! What a pain in da butt. But it's done!! Well... Kinda. For the most part. I also joined a new gym which is where I hope to do most of my swimming, in an effort to save some money. The hurdle that I'm still grappling with is whether or not I will renew my membership with Team Z??? The comradery, SAG support on long rides, and race support I think almost make it worthwhile... But if I'm not planning on using the race plans the coach puts together... I wonder if it really is worth it. I'm leaning toward yes.

So... The goal is to work out Tuesday thru Sunday and taking Monday off. Most days will have two workouts a week. And I've yet to decide if my "winter focus" is going to be a marathon, or just a half. It kind of depends on if I change my spring focus to be a half Iron vs. an Olympic distance. We'll see. I think my biggest challenge will be the diet. I'm trying to work on that too. The goal is to loose 22 lbs (ish) by March. Totally doable if it weren't for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the yummy food. But I'm going to give it a shot.

I got my alarm set for 4, plan to be at the gym shortly there after, and hope to be at work by 7 ish. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment