Monday, November 8, 2010

Triathlon is Awesome!!!

So.... I'm not new to triathlon, been doing it for about two years and finished two Ironman competitions within the past year. A year ago I spectated at my first Ironman, and two days ago I saw my friend Jackie cross the finish line (and at random spots along the course) at her first Ironman.

It is an amazing sport, and I love the Ironman distance. Maybe not so much doing the run after 112 miles. It just hurts! But the sport as a whole is amazing. Sprints for me seem too short. But that may be because I didn't do my first sprint until the weekend after my first Ironman.

Now I'm approaching the off season and compiling a training/race plan for next year. I amd trying to approach the season in a more methodical manner; instead of signing up for all the races, I am planning my training first, and then identifying races that coincide with my training plan. The exception is signing up for the Ironman Kona Lottery. I hope to qualify for the race one day, but couldn't pass up the opportunity.

So... As I enter into my second recovery week I know that the next year will be busy. My focus is to slim down, focus on Olympic distance in the Spring, and get into IMAZ for 2011.

My goal is to use the blog to talk about my training, diet, races, and any tips and tricks I learn along the way. We'll see how it goes. With any luck it'll be more successful than my diet log. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment